CBI Toxicology provides testing for DUI/DUID investigation, Drug Facilitated Crimes (DFC) and Medicolegal Death Investigation/Postmortem Toxicology.
Alcohol and Volatiles
Includes common volatiles such as ethanol (drinking alcohol), methanol (wood grain alcohol), acetone (nail polish remover), isopropanol (rubbing alcohol), difluoroethane or DFE (keyboard spray cleaner/commonly abused as an inhalant), and other volatiles.
Drugs of Abuse (DOA)
A fourteen (14) panel drug category test that encompasses many illicit and prescription drugs.
- Amphetamine: Amphetamine and MDA
- Barbiturates: Amobarbital, Butabarbital, Butalbital, Pentobarbital, Phenobarbital, & Secobarbital
- Benzodiazepines: Alprazolam, Bromazepam, Chlordiazepoxide, Clonazepam, 7-Aminoclonazepam, Diazepam, Estazolam, Etizolam, Flurazepam, Lorazepam, Nitrazepam, Midazolam, Oxazepam, Phenazepam, Temazepam, Triazolam, and many other Designer Benzodiazepines
- Buprenorphine: Buprenorphine and Norbuprenorphine
- Carisoprodol: Carisoprodol & Meprobamate
- Cocaine: Cocaine, Cocaethylene, & Benzoylecgonine
- Fentanyl: Fentanyl, Norfentanyl, and many Fentanyl analogs
- Marijuana: delta-9 THC, THC metabolites (Carboxy-THC & Hydroxy-THC)
- Methadone: Methadone
- Methamphetamine: Methamphetamine & MDMA
- Opiates: Codeine, Morphine, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, & Heroin
- Oxycodone: Oxycodone & Oxymorphone
- Tramadol: Tramadol
- Zolpidem: Zolpidem
Specialty tests will only be performed with a specific drug request and/or based upon the known Alcohol/Drug results.
- Specialty tests
- Prescription Drugs (Rx) Screen: Antihistamines, Antidepressants, Antipsychotics, Anti-seizure medications, Muscle relaxants, and many others.
- Drug Facilitated Crime Screen: 7-Aminoflunitrazepam, Flunitrazepam, GHB, Ketamine, Suvorexant, Zaleplon, Zopiclone, and Zolpidem.
- Pain Management Assay: Mitragynine, U-47700, and many Fentanyl analogs.
- Atypical Antipsychotic Assay: Aripiprazole, Asenapine, Brexipriprazole, Iloperidone, Lurasidone Quetiapine, Risperidone, Vilazodone, and Ziprasidone.
- Other Assays: Bath Salts (i.e. MDPV, Mephedrone), Phencyclidine (PCP), and Phenytoin.
Drug Facilitated Crimes (DFC) (formerly Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault (DFSA)
DFC testing may include the following analyses on a blood or urine sample, as well as confirmations on both blood and urine if necessary:
- Alcohol and Volatiles
- Drugs of Abuse or DOA
- Gamma Hydroxybutyrate (GHB)
- Prescription Drugs (Rx)
- Sleeping Z’s (Zolpidem, Zaleplon, Zopiclone, and Suvorexant)
Medicolegal Death Investigation/Postmortem
CBIFS Toxicology provides testing to aid Coroners/Medical Examiners in death investigations.
- Alcohol and Volatiles
- Drugs of Abuse of DOA
- Special Tests: Carbon Monoxide available upon request