All payments must be in US Dollars (USD). Please make payments to "Colorado Bureau of Investigation" or "CBI" to the following address:
Biometric Identification and Records Unit
Colorado Bureau of Investigation
690 Kipling St., Ste. 4000
Lakewood, CO 80215
Accepted forms of payment:
Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Use the credit card authorization form linked below when e-mailing, faxing, or mailing payment.
- A hand written signature, and not a typed name, is required on the signature line of the credit card form.
- Credit card transactions over the phone are not accepted.
Other: Pre-printed business check.
- Signed pre-printed business checks are accepted 6 months from date of issuance or if otherwise noted on the check.
- Cash is accepted when paying in person. Denominations larger than $20.00 are not accepted.
Fingerprint Based Background Checks Through Colorado Applicant Background Service (CABS):
Surcharge per fingerprinting
CBI (state) and FBI (nationwide)
Contact CABS Vendor
$16.50 - $19.50
$38.50 - $39.50
- Fees for a specified background check are found on the Employment and Background Check page
* Note: The CBI/FBI background check option is only available for specified employment background checks mandated by the State of Colorado. For personal FBI background checks, visit Identity History Summary Checks (IdHSC).
Name Based Background Checks:
Internet Criminal History Check (ICHC)
Criminal History Record Information (CHRI)
- ICHC generated background checks cannot be notarized.
- CHRI requests are processed by the BIRU staff and are notarized upon request.
Court Order to Seal Arrest:
|Per Order to Seal Arrest||$20.00|
- Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) - PDF
- Credit Card Authorization - PDF
- Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) - DOC
- Credit Card Authorization - DOC
Colorado Photo ID Waiver for Minors
The following form is to be used by parents or legal guardians of minors who require fingerprinting and do not have a state-issued photo ID or other primary identity document.
To learn what qualifies as a Primary Identity Document, please visit Biometric Identification and Records Unit FAQs
For requesting record challenges from the CBI, please fill out the following form and mail to the CBI: