This page provides a library of examples of certain policies required by the CJIS Security Policy.
These resources apply to Non-Criminal Justice Agencies (NCJAs) as well as any vendors/private contractors who support them.
Examples of Required Policies and Documents
- Non-Criminal Justice Agency Policy Example
- User Agreement for CBI-CJIS Systems Access for Non-Criminal Justice Agencies
- Privacy Act Statement (Federal Law requires this document to be provided to each applicant)
Personnel Security Requirements
- Fingerprinting through Colorado Applicant Background Services (CABS)
- Security Addendum Certification (to be signed by each contracted vendor employee with access to CJI/CHRI--not to be incorporated into contracts)
Colorado State Statute List
Find the Colorado State Statute that gives your organization the authority to access state and national Criminal History Record Information. Scroll down to the Employment Background Checks Start Here heading, identify the respective applicant group for your organization and "click" on the arrow to display the information for your type of organization. From the displayed information confirm the appropriate statute using the list of "Reason(s) Fingerprinted" located within the information displayed.