Following an extensive investigation, seven (7) people were arrested on July 8, 2021, in connection with the alleged kidnapping, torture and attempted murder of a Rocky Ford woman.
It is believed the following suspects were involved in the incident that occurred in a Rocky Ford apartment in August of 2017:
- Cosme Flores (DOB: 08/21/77), La Junta, Colorado In custody, Otero County Jail
- Hipolito Isaac Sanchez (DOB: 07/30/85), Rocky Ford, CO, In custody, Otero County Jail
- Jamie Harmon (DOB: 05/29/88), Rocky Ford, CO, In Custody of Colorado Department of Corrections on unrelated charges
- Jeremy Casias (DOB: 07/09/93), Rocky Ford, CO, In custody of Colorado Department of Corrections on unrelated charges
- Kendra Thompson (DOB: 05/05/88), Rocky Ford, CO, In custody Otero County Jail
- Leonard Trujillo (DOB: 06/29/82), Rocky Ford, CO, In custody of Colorado Department of Corrections on unrelated charges
- Leroy Osborne (DOB: 06/29/89), Pueblo, CO, In custody of Pueblo County Jail
All are facing charges of First Degree Kidnapping (felony 1) and Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder (Felony 2).
Details about the incident are not available due to the nature of the allegations and because court records are sealed.
The investigation first began with the Rocky Ford Police Department in 2017. In 2019, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation was requested to investigate the incident in conjunction with the Otero County Sheriff’s Office, Rocky Ford Police Department and the 16th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
On Thursday, the CBI, US Marshals Service District of Colorado Violent Offenders Task Force and the Pueblo County and Otero County sheriff offices made the arrests of those who were not already incarcerated.
The investigation remains ongoing.
All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.